USE EACH ACRE OF LAND ACCORDING TO IT'S CAPABILITIES AND TREAT EACH ACRE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS NEEDS.
The ALTAMAHA SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT was organized by a Charter issued by the Secretary of State on February 8,1945 under a provision of the Georgia Soil and Water Conservation District Law of 1937. The Altamaha District comprises an area of 1,401,540 acres. The District has two Supervisors from each county-One is appointed by the State Soil and Water Conservation Commission and one is elected by the registered voters of the county. All District board members voluntarily give of their time to promote and encourage Natural Resource Conservation. The District was organized to give local leadership to help the Natural Resource Conservation Service, and other partners to establish priorities concerning where technical and financial assistance is most needed to assist cooperating landusers conserve and improve the nation's natural resources.
The Board of Supervisors provides leadership to help make the most effective use of conservation funds and technical assistance available through programs which are designed to meet the conservation needs of our soil and water resources for the benefit of both rural and urban development.